The first step is to find a chapter and visit in order to see what BNI is all about. Explaining a BNI meeting is like giving a haircut over the phone - not very effective. BNI meetings are best experienced in person.
A partial list of the policies of BNI is shown below:
- Only one person from each professional specialty is permitted to join a chapter of BNI.
- All participants should represent their primary occupation, not a part-time business.
- Attendance is critical. If you cannot attend a meeting, you may send a substitute. This will not count as an absence.
- Participation in the chapter by members is a key to the success of a group. Members can participate by bringing bona-fide referrals and/or visitors to their BNI chapter.
Chapters have quarterly dues to cover the meeting room and meal charges. You will have the opportunity to stand and do a commercial for your company (unless your competitor is a member, then you simply "observe"). Bring LOTS of business cards because you will also have a chance to pass them to all of the members.
An individual may be a member of one chapter only. A company may have individuals representing them in several chapters. Applications are available at chapter meetings, and members of the chapter will assist with their completion. All new member applications are reviewed by the chapter's Membership Committee. If you apply to a chapter, you can easily pay your membership fee online by credit card, electronic check or even finance your membership through PayPal.
If you can’t find a chapter with an opening for your business please contact the BNI Middle Tennessee, Kentucky, Southern Indiana office at (615) 297-0076 or send email.
The benefits of membership are many!
1. Increased exposure to many other people and businesses.
2. Building solid business relationships that will last for the rest of your life
3. Tools to network more effectively, including educational workshops and mentoring
4. Visibility, Credibility and Profitability for each of our members
5. And much, much more!!!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click here to see the questions people most often ask about BNI membership.
Investment to Join
Click here to find out more about the investment to join BNI and where the money goes.